INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- The date of the annual
Michigan Tech-Northern Michigan football rivalry has been moved up
to Thursday, Sept. 18, to accommodate a national television
audience. The game will be played at 8 p.m. at NMU's Superior Dome
and appear on CBS College Sports Network according to the schedule
released by the NCAA this week.
The annual Miner's Cup game was originally scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 20. The change to Sept. 18 puts Tech in front of a national audience for the second time in three years. It played Grand Valley State on CBS College Sports (formerly CSTV) on Sept. 21, 2006.
The Tech-Northern tilt is one of six games on the schedule announced by the NCAA and the only one involving teams from the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. The full schedule of NCAA Division II football on CBS College Sports Network is below.
2008 NCAA Division II Football on CBS College Sports Network
- Saturday, August 23 - Fort Valley State at Valdosta State, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 4 - North Alabama at Carson-Newman, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 11 - Southwest Minnesota State at Minnesota Duluth, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 18 - Michigan Tech at Northern Michigan, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, October 16 - Western State at Mesa State, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, October 30 - Angelo State at Tarleton State, 8 p.m.